Skip to content
- “Ivan Jevtić – srpski kompozitor sa pariskom adresom i međunarodnim ugledom” [Ivan Jevtić – a Serbian composer with a Paris address and an international reputation], Conference Personal and Professional Odyssey of Composer Ivan Jevtić, Belgrade, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, 28 October 2019
- REEM-BASEES 2019 Annual Conference – In memoriam Stuart Campbell, University of Durham, 12 October 2019
- “The Expansion of Time and Space in Franz Schubert’s Sonata in A minor D.845”, Music and Spaciality: XIII Biennial International Conference on Music Theory and Analysis, Belgrade, Rectorate of the University of Arts, 4-6 October 2019
- “Počeci beogradske pijanističke škole” [Beginnings of the Belgrade Piano School], Public Lecture, Gallery of the Students’ Cultural Centre, Novi Beograd, 5 June 2019
- “Manifestations of the idea of Yugoslavism in Vuk Kulenović’s oeuvre”, International Conference Yugoslav Idea In / Of Music, Novi Sad, Matica srpska, 25-26 May 2019
- World.Minds in Belgrade, National Theatre, Belgrade, 23 May 2019
- “Ex-centric Identities in Central Europe: The Curious Case of Snežana Nešić”, II International Symposium in Szigliget Contemporary Discourses on Central European Identity, Hungarian Academy of Arts / Research Institue of Art Theory and Methodology (MMA-MMKI), Esterhazy Mansion, Szigliget, 13-15 May 2019
- Panel Discussion Eurovision Song Contest – Music or Money? (Participants: Ivana Medić, Bojana Stamenov, Slobodan Todorović and Boris Postovnik), Belgrade, Students’ City Cultural Centre, 10 May 2019
- Panel Discussion Arts & Science (Participants: Martin Cuff, Rolf Dobelli, Milica Đurić-Jovičić, Ivana Medić and Vladimir Mastilović), Serbia Creates, Belgrade, Museum of Science and Technology, 6 May 2019
- “Just a Few Years Left for Us: The Year 1989 and Yugoslav Rock Music”, Panel of the Study Group REEM-BASEES Music and the Fall of Communism, BASEES 2019 Annual Conference, University of Cambridge, Robinson College, 12-14 April 2019
- “Beginnings of the Piano Department at the Belgrade Music Academy”, International Musicological Symposium The role of Conservatories in the Process of the Professionalisation and Specialisation of Musical Activity, Festival 34th Slovenian Music Days, Ljubljana, Križanke, 4-5 April 2019
- “Quantum Music and Beyond”, International Conference Quantum Music – Decoding Reality, Hannover, Hochschule für Musik, Theater und Medien, 2-3 February 2019
- “The Music of Vasilije Mokranjac”, round-table, Vasilije Mokranjac Festival, Belgrade, Gallery of the Cultural Centre, 23 November 2018
- “Librettical Procedure in Svetislav Božić’s Opera Melancholic Dreams of the Count Sava Vladislavić“, Roundtable Relationship Between Text and Music – Svetislav Božić’s Music on Canonical Texts and Poetry of Serbian Poets, Novi Sad, Matica srpska, 15 November 2018
- “Music of the Lost Generation: Vuk Kulenović’s Works Written in the United States”, Series of public lectures Musicology Today – On the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the Institute of Musicology SASA, Belgrade, Kolarac Hall, 13 November 2018
- “When the World Went Mad: Alfred Schnittke and the Year 1968”, 2018 REEM/BASEES Annual Conference Music and 1968, University of Bristol, Department of Music, 9 November 2018
- “Musicology Vs. Music Analysis: Why Context Matters”, XIV International Conference of the Department of Musicology: Contextuality of Musicology – What, How, Why and Because, University of Arts, Faculty of Music, 24-27 October 2018
- Presentation at the Workshop Public-Civil Partnerships in Culture organised by Creative Europe Desk Serbia, Belgrade, Kvaka 22, 10 October 2018
- Keynote “Doctoral Studies at the University of Manchester: Practical Experiences and a Comparison to Doctoral Studies in Serbia”, 2018 Balkan Art Forum (BARTF) Art and Culture Today: Arts Education and Contemporary Challenges, University of Niš, Faculty of Arts, 05-06 October 2018
- Moderator at the Conference Music in Serbia and Innovative European Ideas on Synergy, Creativity and Business, Belgrade, Kolarac Foundation, 19 September 2018
- (with Marija Maglov) Presentation of the upcoming project Beyond Quantum Music, Desk Creative Europe Serbia, Tršić, Cultural Centre, 01-04 August 2018
- Conversation with the composer Aleksandar Sedlar, 2018 Festival and Summer School Strings, Leskovac, Cultural Centre, 26 July 2018
- Book Launch “From Polystylism to Meta-Pluralism: Essays on Late Soviet Symphonic Music, Centre for Russian Music, Goldsmiths, University of London, 14 June 2018
- Book Launch Josip Slavenski (1896-1955). On the 120th Anniversary of the Composer’s Birth, Forum of the Library SASA, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, 22 May 2018
- “Frederic Chopin”, 2018 Belgrade Chopin Fest, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Belgrade, 10 May 2018.
- “Presentation of a Successful Project Quantum Music“, Info Day European Projects in Culture, Art and Science, Faculty of Dramatic Arts, Belgrade, 23 April 2018
- “Death, Trauma and Opera: Alfred Schnittke’s Operatic Trilogy from the 1990s”, International Interdisciplinary Conference Trauma Studies in the Medical Humanities: New Directions for Research, Durham University, Music Department and, Durham, 12-14 April 2018
- (with Jelena Janković-Beguš) “What Does Quantum Music Sound Like and What Would Pierre Boulez Think of It?”, International Interdisciplinary Conference Quantum Music and Beyond, Institute of Musicology, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts and Centre for the Promotion of Science, Belgrade, 21-22 March 2018
- 2017 REEM Annual Conference Music and Revolutions
Centre for Russian Music, Goldsmiths, University of London, 15 December 2017
- “How Much Money, So Much Music: The Rise and Fall of Serbian Symphonic Music”, 2017 Biennial International Conference of the Institute of Musicology SASA The Future of Music History, Belgrade, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, 28-30 September 2017
- “The Tide is High: Alfred Schnittke’s Passacaglia for large orchestra”, 10th Biennial ICMSN/SurreyMAC Conference, Society for Music Analysis and University of Surrey, Guildford, 11-14 September 2017
- “Quantum Music”, 53rd RMA Annual Conference, The Royal Music Association and the Department of Music, University of Liverpool, 7-9 September 2017
- “Violinista Jovan Frajt – osnivač izdavačke kuće Frajt i porodičnog orkestra u Beogradu početkom XX veka” [Violinist Jovan Frajt – the Founder of the Publishing House Frajt and a Family Orchestra in Belgrade in the Early 20th Century], public lecture, Summer School and Festival STRINGS, Leskovac, Cultural Centre, 16 August 2017
- “Dega i muzika” [Degas and Music]”, public lecture, Exhibition Edgar Degas. Moments of Remembrance, Gallery of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts & National Museum of Serbia, 27 July 2017
- “The Soundscape of Hope”, 44th ICTM World Conference, International Council for Traditional Music and the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, University of Limerick, 13-19
- “From Socialist Realism to Socialist Modernism: Vasilije Mokranjac’s Symphonies”, International Conference Music and Socialism, Department of Music, University of Nottingham, 7-8 July 2017
- “Aesthetics of Music Videos in Yugoslav Pop and Rock Music”, 19th IASPM Biennial Conference, International Association for the Study of Popular Music and the University of Kassel, Germany, 26-30 June 2017
- “The Politics of Youth Culture in Socialist Yugoslavia: The Case of Rock Music Videos”, 2017 BASEES Annual Conference, Fitzwilliam College-Churchill College, University of Cambridge, 31 March – 2 April 2017
- “Simfonijsko stvaralaštvo Rudolfa Bručija između socijalističkog estetizma i umerenog modernizma” [Rudolf Brucci’s Symphonic Output Between Socialist Aesthetism and Moderated Modernism], International Conference Rudolf Brucci’s Life and Work: The Composer Between Aesthetics and Ideologies, Novi Sad, Academy of Arts and Matica Srpska, 30-31 March 2017
- Schnittke Studies – Book Launch and Concert, with Gavin Dixon, Tamsin Alexander and Natalia Pavlutskaya, University of London, Goldsmiths – Centre for Russian Music (CRM), Council Chamber, Deptford Town Hall Building, 22 February 2017
- “Prokofiev and Shostakovich: The Rivalry Reconsidered”, Durham University – Research Forum, 24 January 2017
- “Parallel Histories: Serbian Music in Emigration”, International Conference After the Soviet Collapse – Transformations in the music and culture of the new post-Soviet states and Eastern Europe, University of Cambridge, CRASSH, 12-14 January 2017
- “From ‘Father Figure’ to ‘Persona Non Grata’: Kosta Manojlović’s Final Years”, International Conference Kosta P. Manojlovic and the Idea of Slavic and Balkan Cultural Unification (1918–1941), Belgrade, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Institute of Musicology SASA, 28–29 November 2016
- “Sergei Prokofiev and Dmitri Shostakovich: A New Look at the Old Rivalry”, Forum of the Institute of Musicology SASA, Belgrade, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, 14 November 2016.
- “The Sights and Sounds of Belgrade Waterfront”, XIV Congreso de la Sociedad de Etnomusicologia Itinerarios, Espacos, Contextos, Madrid, Real Conservatorio Superior de Musica, 19-22 October 2016
- “The Sights and Sounds of Belgrade Waterfront”, Panel “Soundscapes, Musicscapes, Landscapes: Towards Urban Sound Studies”, Transpositions: Music/Image –
XIII International Conference of the Department of Musicology, Belgrade, Faculty of Music, 12-15 October 2016
- “Playing With Dances: Dmitri Shostakovich’s Fantastic Dances”, 2016 Balkan Art Forum, Faculty of Arts, University of Niš, 7-8 October 2016
- “Soundscape of the Refugee Crisis: The Case of Savamala”, 2016 ICMHM Conference Music and Human Mobility: Redefining Communities in an Intercultural Context, Lisbon, Faculdade de Ciências Sociais e Humanas – FCSH NOVA, 7-9 June 2016
- “Pavle Stefanović and the Concert Series Music Today / Musical Modernism of Radio Belgrade 3″, Interdisciplinary conference Pavle Stefanović 1901-1985, Belgrade, Association of Serbian Composers, 20-21 May 2016
- Roundtable discussion about the Serbian translation of the novel The Noise of Time [Šum vremena] by Julian Barnes, Novi Beograd, Cultural Centre Student City – Bookshop Magistrala, 18 May 2016
- “Problems of Interpretation of Josip Slavenski’s Piano Works”, Conference, roundtable and concert in honour of 120th anniversary of Josip Slavenski, Belgrade, Institute of Musicology SASA and Festive Hall of the House of Serbian Army, 11 May 2016
- Presentation of the books Beyond the East-West Divide and Radio and Serbian Music, Novi Beograd, Gallery-Atrium of Students’ Cultural Centre, 26 April 2016
- Presentation of the project Quantum Music at 2016 Forum Creative Europe, Belgrade, Kolarac Hall, 25 April 2016
- “The Frajt Family in the Musical Life of Belgrade”, Concert and promotion of reprints of Jovan Frajt’s editions of sheet music, Belgrade, The Embassy of Czech Republic, 19 April 2016
- Roundtable discussion about the book Osećanja. O.Sećanja – In memoriam Margita Stefanović (1959-2002) by Lidija Nikolić, Novi Beograd, Cultural Centre Student City, 12 April 2016
- “Serbian Language and Rock’n’roll: Lyrics and the Use of Language”, Novi Beograd, Gallery-Atrium of Students’ Cultural Centre, 22 October 2015.
- “Italian Language and Opera”, XV Week of Italian Language Worldwide, Italian Cultural Centre, Belgrade, 20 October 2015.
- Presentation of the monograph by Danijela Zdravić-Mihailović “The Phenomenon of Recapitulation in the First Movements of Haydn’s String Quartets”, Niš, Faculty of Arts, 10 October 2015.
- Presentation of the project Quantum Music, International Book Fair, Belgrade, 30 September 2015.
- “Opera and the End of Socialism: Alfred Schnittke’s Operas from the 1990s”, International Conference Musical Legacies of State Socialism: Revisiting Narratives About Post-World War II Europe, Belgrade, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, 24–26 September 2015.
- “Reculturalisation Projects in Savamala”, panel City Sonic Ecology (with Britta Sweers, Ana Hofman, Mojca Kovačić, Marija Dumnić and Srđan Atanasovski), International Symposium Music and Ecology, Mestni muzej Ljubljana, 28-29 August 2015
- “Reculturalisation Projects in Savamala”, panel Urban Sonic Ecologies (with Britta Sweers, Mojca Kovačič and Marija Dumnić) 43rd ICTM World Conference, Kazakh National University of Arts, Astana, 16-22 July 2015
- “Aesthetics of Music Videos in Serbian Rock and Pop Music”, Lectures at the Atrium, Novi Beograd, Student Cultural Centre, 30 June 2015
- “But Whoever Listens To This Music Anyway? The Survival of Festivals of Classical and Contemporary Art Music in Transitional Serbia”, 2015 REEM Annual Conference Мusic and Crisis, University of Nottingham, 22 June 2015
- Presentation of the project Quantum Music, Forum Creative Europe 2015, Kolarac Hall, Belgrade, 27-28 April 2015.
- “I Want to be Bad! Horkestar Versus Transition”, Beyond the Crisis in Humanities, Faculty of Media and Communications, University Singidunum, Belgrade, 24-25 April 2015
- A lecture and a recital-lecture at the Faculty of Art, University of Niš, 20-21 April 2015.
- Lecture “At the Service of the Homeland: The Many-Sided Activities of Kosta Manojlović”, Festival Choirs Among Frescoes, 19 April 2015
- “But Whoever Listens to This Music Anyway?! The Survival of Festivals of Classical Music in Transitional Serbia”, panel (with Katerina Levidou and Monika Zyla) Music, Politics and Economy at Festivals in Central and South-Eastern Europe, BASEES 2015 Annual Conference, Cambridge University, Fitzwilliam College, 28-30 March 2015
- “The Impossible Avant-garde: The Curious Case of Vladan Radovanović”, International Conference Nationalism in Music in the Totalitarian State (1945-1989), Institute of Musicology, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Budapest, 24-25 January 2015