Institute of Musicology
Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts
Senior Research Associate (2013 – present)
- Head of the national project Applied Musicology and Ethnomusicology in Serbia: Making a Difference in Contemporary Society (APPMES), financed by the Serbian Science Fund – subprogramme IDEAS (2022-2024)
- Head of the European cooperation project Beyond Quantum Music, co-financed by the EACEA programme Creative Europe (2019-2022). Partners: New Art Centre (Belgrade), TodaysArt (The Hague), Ars Electronica (Linz).
- Partner on the European cooperation project NEMO (Network of European Minimal Music Organisations), co-financed by Erasmus+ (2022-2023). Partners: BLINC (Göttingen), Der Förderverein Minimal Music e.V. (Kassel). Associate partner: Conservatorio Statale di musica “L. Cherubini” (Firenze).
- Manager of the project Quantum Music and Beyond – Multimedia Concert of LP Duo, included in the programme The Kaleidoscope of Culture, part of the manifestation Novi Sad – European Capital of Culture 2021 (2021-2022)
- Manager of the project DUALITY, financed by the Innovation Fund of the Republic of Serbia (2020-2022)
- Participant in the bilateral project Exploring the Tracks of Balkan Culture: Serbian-Turkish Connections in Music and Dance from Ottoman Period until Today (TRackeRS) – a cooperation between the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Turkey (2022-2023)
- Head of the Main project of the Institute of Musicology SASA Identities of Serbian Music Within Local and Global Frameworks: Traditions, Changes, Challenges No. 177004 (2017-2019), financed by the Serbian Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development
- Head of the European cooperation project Quantum Music, co-financed by the EACEA programme Creative Europe (2015-2018). Partners: New Art Centre (Belgrade), Danish National School for Performing Arts (Copenhagen), Kino Šiška Centre for Urban Culture (Ljubljana) and Centre for the Promotion of Science (Belgrade); associate partners: Oxford University, Department of Physics (Oxford), TodaysArt (The Hague)
- Head of the Belgrade Team for the Project City Sonic Ecology – Urban Soundscapes of Bern, Ljubljana and Belgrade, funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation programme SCOPES (2014-2017). Partners: Department of Ethnomusicology, University of Bern, Switzerland (Head of the project: Prof. Dr Britta Sweers), and Centre for Interdisciplinary Research, Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Editor-in-Chief (2017-2019) of the International journal Muzikologija/Musicology ISSN 1450-9814
- FACULTY OF COMPUTING, UNIVERSITY UNION, BELGRADE: Associate Lecturer at the Department for Computer Design (2020 – present). Module: Introduction to Music Production.
- Thesis supervisor.
- THE OPEN UNIVERSITY IN THE NORTH WEST: Associate Lecturer (2011-2012). Module: A224 – Inside Music
- UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER, Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama: Graduate Teaching Assistant (2006-2012)
Modules: Music and Ideas (Aesthetics of Music), Approaches to Musicology, Western Music and its Contexts, Harmony and Counterpoint, Tonality, Special Subject.
- Division of Development and Alumni Relations: Fundraiser – Telephone Campaigns (2006-2007)
- SERBIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION, Radio Belgrade 3: Music Editor, Editor-in-Chief, Coordinator of International Exchange of Radio Programmes with EBU (2002-2006)
- UNIVERSITY OF ARTS, Faculty of Music, Belgrade, Serbia: Assistant Lecturer at the Department for Music Theory (1999-2002)
Modules: 18th-, 19th- and 20-th Century Harmony, Music Analysis, Generalbass and Improvisation
- University of Priština (relocated to Kosovska Mitrovica): Assistant Lecturer at the Department for Music History (2000-2002)
Modules: History of Music, History of Serbian Music, Ethnomusicology
- Music Teacher at various primary and secondary music schools in Serbia (1997-2000)
Other Editorial Work
- Member of the Editorial Board of the International arts journal Facta Universitatis – Visual Arts and Music
- Member of the Editorial Board of Serbian music journal Muzički Talas [Musical Wave]
- Former member of the Editorial Board of the online journal British Postgraduate Musicology (2007-2010)
- Former member of the Editorial Board of Serbian interdisciplinary journal Treći Program [Third Program] (2002-2006)
Other Activities and Memberships
- Convenor of the BASEES Study Group for Russian and East European Music (REEM)
- Vice-President of the Serbian Musicological Society
- President of the Governing Board of the Secondary Music School Mokranjac, Belgrade
- Member of the International Musicological Society (IMS)
- Member of the British Association for Russian and East European Studies (BASEES)
- Member of the Royal Music Association (RMA)
- Serbian (native), English (near-native proficiency), French (fluent), German, Russian, Latin (passive)